Submissions for the 2022 George E. Thibault, MD Nexus Award are now open!
The George E. Thibault, MD Nexus Award celebrates exemplary interprofessional collaboration in the United States and those who are thinking and acting differently where practice and education connect in health systems.
This award will recognize a Nexus partnership of health systems, clinics, educational institutions, and/or community organizations for extraordinary contributions to the Nexus: Redesigning both healthcare education and healthcare delivery simultaneously to be better integrated and more interprofessional while demonstrating outcomes.
The simultaneous transformation of the health system and education requires leadership at all levels, whether within a large system or within a local innovation. Focused innovative programs can have profound ripple effects in systems, as can visionary large multi-system initiatives. The lessons from both are needed and important. The National Center seeks to identify and recognize partnerships that are moving the needle in interprofessional practice and education within and across organizations.
2022 Thibault Nexus Award At-A-Glance
The George E. Thibault, MD Nexus Award is open to applicants from across the spectrum of the Nexus. Past recipients have ranged from implementations focused on a local, single system with meaningful integration of interprofessional education and collaborative practice that leveraged strong education and practice partnerships, to multi-system implementations with visionary, cross-organizational, and systems-level partnerships representing regional, statewide, and national collaboration.
Application, Selection Process, and Notification
Applications and supporting materials are submitted online. The Nexus Summit 2022 planning and awards committee will review applications for alignment with the criteria below and the concept of the Nexus. The deadline for submission is Friday, July 15, 2022. Awardees will be notified by Friday, July 29, 2022.
Note: past applicants and honorable mention recipients are welcome and encouraged to apply!
Applications (maximum of three pages, single-spaced, 1-inch margins, and 12-point font) must include the following:
- Purpose statement for the initiative or practice model
- Brief history (including inception date) of the initiative, practice model, and identification of key stakeholders within the initiative. It is required that the initiative has been operational for at least two years as of July 15, 2022
- Clear articulation of how the initiative demonstrates leadership and innovation in the integration of collaborative practice and interprofessional education, in academic and practice partnership(s)
- Description of the initiative or practice model to include:
- How the initiative or practice model functions
- How the key elements listed under Criteria are reflected
- Evidence of impact
- The initiative must be associated with measurable outcomes. The application must provide evidence of these outcomes.
A representative of the initiative must be able to attend Nexus Summit 2022 and share highlights from the initiative or practice model during the Award Celebration.
Questions regarding the Thibault Nexus Award can be directed to Angela Willson at email@example.com.